Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The one with all the ultrasounds and nausea

I've been meaning to update but I've been feeling so meh and tired at night lately.  I feel fine during the day but have bouts of fatigue and just fall asleep on the couch. 

So in the last 5 days, I've had about a dozen (or in reality 2) ultrasounds for the fertility preservation I'm going through.  The follicle sizes and extradiol levels continue to rise albeit very very slowly.  The new target egg retrieval date is now Saturday or Sunday.  I'm reluctant to push back chemo again but I don't want to stop fertility especially when the numbers are going up.  The hormones continue to drive me nuts and now the nausea is getting really bad.  I threw up twice this morning and ended up busting out my anti-nausea prescription of ondansetron (generic Zofran) that I got in preparation for chemo. I feel lots better but that could also be because I parked my ass on the couch and didn't move.  And the hot flashes, jeeze!  I will start sweating like I'm in 105 degree 98% humidity weather just out of the blue. After about 15 minutes of that, I'll be freezing and have to put on a hoodie.  All this in my nice 68 degree climate-controlled house. Enough about this - This post is getting so negative!  Oh yea, my laptop is back!!  I brought it to the Apple store, told them my sob story, and they reset the power management and it started working again. Yay!

I had another IV iron infusion on Friday at the cancer center.  The chemo lounge with all the comfy chairs was full so I had to do the infusion alone.  Usually, they allow a family member to sit with you, but the other 4 or 5 people who were getting their chemo/infusions had family members with them.  But it's all good - the infusion only lasted 30 minutes.  The nurses there are so nice and they already know my history and diagnosis even though I haven't met them.  It makes me feel very welcome and genuinely cared for. I was the youngest person there getting treatment and felt so out of place.  I could feel the staring (maybe it was because my hair looked gooood) when I walked in and sat in a chair.  I don't blame them since I did a fair bit of staring myself.  I want to know talk to them and know their stories.  But what's the cancer etiquette there?

I picked up my wedding band today!  It's gorgeous!  We skipped the engagement ring because our engagement period was all of 3 days.  I looooove it!



3 comments:

  1. It sounds like a summer in Charlotte over there with that humidity (it's not pleasant, people don't care to write poems about Charlotte summers).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty ring!! Congrats you two--I read your blog usually at night and realized I haven't said that to you yet. It makes me so happy to know you have such a supportive HUSBAND in Damien through this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I realized my Google account is linked to my Pizza Club name--this is your cousin, Julie :)

    ReplyDelete