Sunday, February 1, 2015

And this is weekend update with KP

What a relaxing weekend!  We had no other plans other than GoT at the IMAX and cleaning our study.  GoT looked amazing on the huge screen at the museum.  I had forgotten how gory the show was and I had to look away several times for the slashier scenes.  I felt great on Saturday - very little pain but I could tell my shoulder is still healing from the port surgery. 

We woke up at 6:30AM this morning to get get my blood drawn for the fertility stuff.  The ultrasound appointment was at 10:30 and we got some encouraging news.  My follicles increased in size a bit from Friday so there's a tiny bit of hope there. We'll continue with the fertility injections and check again on Tuesday.  I've been reading about ABVD's effect on fertility and am feeling better about my odds.  Female HL patients who had survived without recurrence > or =3 years and who had attempted pregnancy after ABVD did not experience significant sub-fertility.  [From the abstract
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17036376]

So this Super Bowl thing is kinda exciting. 

Tomorrow should be an uneventful day (I love those types of days!)  My parents come down to see me on Tuesday and I'm getting my hair cut super short on Wednesday.  Expect some pictures!

4 comments: