Thursday, February 5, 2015

Farewell, hair!

It's (almost) all gone!  

Yesterday, I went to my favorite stylist, Laura, at Studio Tilee and asked her to cut my long past-my-midback hair that she had just redid the ombre on almost exactly a month ago into a short short pixie cut.  I've been going to Laura for 1.5 years for my hair cuts and ombre.  She's GOOD, always listens to what I want, and has done an awesome job of getting my hair from dark brown to the eventual ash brown/blond ombre that I've always wanted.  I highly recommend her. 

My mom was there for support and to keep my siblings and Damien updated.  For the record, Peggy, I didn't cry at all, so hah!  Laura started off by putting my hair into a ponytail and lopping that off.  Then she cut and trimmed and did magic on my hair while I recounted the cancer story that went down in the last month.  Oh, she's also a great listener!  At the end of it all, I had a cute pixie cut that I'm still getting used.  It's a surprise every time I pass by the mirror.  My hair hasn't been this short.. ever.  I keep trying to tuck phantom hairs behind my ears and petting the back of my own head (feels funny).  I'm ready for the low maintenance part and for this short do to fall out after chemo starts.  Having my normal long hair fall out would have been too traumatic to my identity, I think.  And gross.

Before:
 


And after!

My mom took a video too!  I'll edit the post and add that in a bit.

10 comments: