Friday, March 27, 2015

Farewell, hair! Part III

I finally did it!  I asked my mom to buzz off the rest of my hair today!  My mom was nervous and took her job really seriously.  And since we were both noobs at this, it took about an hour and 4 iterations of cutting/buzzing.  She started with scissors to get most of the length out of the way (we were worried the clippers would tug at my hair), buzzed with 2 different attachments, then finally just did it without any guards to get it super short. Like I said, noobs!  We realized we could have went straight to the last step halfway through the last step. So I'm not completely bald, but now I don't have to deal with hair falling out as much.

My head feels so light and I can feel the breeze against my scalp which is so new and strange!  And now I know for sure that my head is pretty round and symmetric.  And small, according to my mom and Damien.  Those were their first comments about my new haircut hah. 


A photo posted by Karen (@thekaren) on
A video posted by Karen (@thekaren) on

At the end of that video, she says my head is really small.  Here's a time lapse one of the process.  The yellow towel unintentionally makes me look like a monk haha


I like it!  I won't have to deal with hair during the hot Texas summer, so yay!

3 comments:

  1. It looks awesome! Shaved head is the way to go! You wake up in the morning and you're like "oh no I need to fix my hair before work.. (touch your head to make sure you still have hair).. okay done!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kinda like not having to do anything with hair! I'm not sure I'll have to even check for hair much longer! hah

      Delete
  2. Hi, Karen! I agree that it's such a dilemma for women to think about new hairstyles. So, I guess what you did to your hair is a good idea. Haha! Shaved head looks great on you, anyway. Your beautiful face is emphasized even more. Your mom did a great job. Thanks for sharing that. Take care!


    Tommy Clark @ Her Hair Company

    ReplyDelete