Monday, March 9, 2015

Farewell, hair! Part II

My hair is falling out in bigger clumps now and I wore a hat for most of the day to .. catch it.  Seeing loose hair really grosses me out (apparently, that's just a me thing).  I showered, started washing my hair, and had strands upon strands just come out in my hand.  It was a bit traumatic (and I'm a bit dramatic).  I cried in the shower and then I cried to Damien, my sister and my mom.  I don't want to look sick even though I am.  Peggy said I'll be fine because I at least don't have a man-face.  Aww thanks Peggy :)

And after all that, I still had to tweeze my brows.  I'll be REALLY sad when those go.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Karen! I'm Tu-Vy, one of Peggy's friends :) I've been following your blog since diagnosis and I always look forward to seeing a new post. Your posts are very uplifting and inspirational. You're literally "kicking ass and winning"! Stay smiling and i'm sending lots of energy and love your way. If my sister can get through it, so can you. You're a beast. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tu-Vy, thank you for your message and your thoughts!! I love reading comments like these :) What was your sister's diagnosis?

      Delete
  2. I feel the same way about loose hair! I always say "hair on the head, ok. Hair not on the head, gross". The grossest part about cleaning bathrooms are usually all the loose hairs mixed with dust on the tile floor.

    Also, I think you're incredibly brave for writing all of this for the public to read. I'm feeling emotional for you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister was dx with Hodgkin's lymphoma february 2014

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss you!!! Sorry I haven't been by yet :(.got alot on our end too and don't wanna bring bad mojo. Will stop by as soon as things settle and we are safe to see you :). Looks like I need to get that crazy rainbow wig we talked about :) but only for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss you!!! Sorry I haven't been by yet :(.got alot on our end too and don't wanna bring bad mojo. Will stop by as soon as things settle and we are safe to see you :). Looks like I need to get that crazy rainbow wig we talked about :) but only for fun.

    ReplyDelete