Tuesday, March 10, 2015

End of First Cycle Recap

This post is an excuse for me to post pictures that my sister and I took over the past weekend :)

So my siblings came down to Austin to see me.  Peggy flew in from NYC and Kevin drove down from Dallas.  I took this one Sunday afternoon while we were waiting for my mom to make us lunch.  We are such kids.
A photo posted by Karen (@thekaren) on


I started knitting a hat with some leftover yarn because I hadn't done that in a while.  Here's me and Peggy.
A photo posted by @_peggyp on

Finished beanie.

I had a followup appointment and CBC on Monday.  My numbers are looking good according to the nurse practitioner.  My white blood cell count is actually higher than normal due to the Neulasta shot I got last Tuesday.  Here I am at the cancer center.  My shirt just happened to match the wrap they put on after they drew my blood.. and that just happened to match the stripes in my hat!


I gathered the hair that fell out in during my shower tonight (to try not to clog the drain).  This blob of hair is as big as my hand.


Here is a picture of my port and the surgery scar.  The dermabond that the surgeon used to hold the incision shut finally fell off last week.  The port has 3 bumps that the oncology nurses feel for to position the Huber needle that they poke into the port.




No comments:

Post a Comment