Thursday, January 29, 2015

My support system

I am one lucky gal!  I've been saying that since Damien and I started dating 2.5 years ago... and I get to keep saying that for the rest of my life!  We decided to go to the 5th precinct Justice of the Peace to get married by The Honorable Herb Evans!  It was an incredibly small ceremony (me+Damien+judge) and it was amazing.  I couldn't have asked for a better ceremony.  We'll definitely have a bigger celebration with all of our friends and family once I'm better.  I'm not normally this cheesy (but I have been told I'm getting sappier as I get older), but getting married and being his wife just feels SO RIGHT!  I cannot think of a better, more amazing, more caring person to be by my side fighting this with me than him.

I have been so overwhelmed with the support and notes of encouragement.  This is to the people ranging from the ones who I talk to everyday and to the ones that I haven't talked to in a while but took the time out to ping me -- It really is uplifting and makes it easy for me to stay positive.  Like seriously, you guys, it makes me cry and so happy that I have so many people that care about me.  I will do my best to remain positive and fight this cancer so you guys can see me victorious.  

5 comments:

  1. You are the best KP!! Congrats on finding true love. You totally deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations KP and Damien! Does he go by Mr KP now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Karen and Damien! I was also married by Herb Evans in Austin years ago. Sending lots of positive energy and thoughts to you!

    ReplyDelete