Thursday, July 9, 2015

Cycle 6 is about to start!

My last cycle starts tomorrow!!!!

The last treatment kicked my damn ass. It took me 6 days to start feeling normal again. That means 6 days of bad fatigue, nausea, hot flashes and general crappiness. I couldn't work from home on Monday because my brain just wouldn't work. Not being able to form sentences or think things through is the worst feeling for me. I worked half a day on Tuesday and finally was able to work a full day on Wednesday. Work has been busy and it does a good job of making time fly. I don't know what I'd do all day at home if I didn't work.. Probably play dumb cooking games, watch Netflix and be completely unproductive. Actually, that doesn't sound too bad haha.

My CBC last week showed that my white blood count was way low so I had to get 3 Neupogen shots this week. They're supposed to boost it enough so I can get my infusion on Friday. The shots are causing me major bone pain in my lower back. Let's hope they work!

Can you believe I'll be done with chemo soon?! This month will mark 6 months since my diagnosis. It'll also be 6 months since Damien and I got married :)

Also, my brother is done with college today!!

2 comments: